Thursday, December 11, 2008

Consider a Consultation Fee

The question that always comes up when we talk about consultations in seminars is:

Should we charge a fee for our client consultation?

 Here are a couple examples of what hairdressers do.  Some hairdressers charge a nominal fee for the client consultation. If the client books an appointment, this fee will be deducted from the price of his/her first visit. 

However, should the client decide not to book an appointment, the hairdresser will feel as if  he/she did not waste his/her time by getting paid for the consultation.

 

Other hairdressers, such as myself, do not charge a fee for a client consultation.  My feeling is that, if a client does not like or agree with what I have to say about his/her hair, then I really don't want her/him to become a client of mine anyway.  So, I don't want him/her to feel as if he/she needs to make an appointment with me just because he/she already has made an investment into his/her first service.

No comments: